Satellite
  • Day 61

    Day 61: Another beach day

    August 15, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Yet another beach day - strangely it doesn't seem to matter how many of them we have, they never get boring! Since we were spoiled for choice between two awesome beaches, we decided to head for the one that we hadn't been to the day before.

    Took a while to get going in the morning between lazing in the hammock, sleeping in and getting breakfast, and it was almost midday by the time we left the hotel. Decided that our first stop would be a Foursquare recommended lunch place called Art Cafe, which turned out to be a great find. On the "main" road, it was a small cafe run by Westerners (mostly French I think) who basically offer board and a small stipend to anyone who wants to work 4 days per week.

    Food was excellent - I ordered a burrito with sweet potato, lentils and chickpeas, realising just in time that it was a vegan option and could they please add cheese. Dodged a bullet there! After eating we walked back to the beach which was a hard slog, the terrain is very hill around here and we (I) were soon puffing and sweating. Thankfully it wasn't long before we arrived at the beach, where we parked ourselves for the entire afternoon.

    Swimming, lazing, reading, snoozing. Tough life. Late in the afternoon we retreated back to the hotel pool for a quick swim, then back to our room for a shower and a laze in the hammock. Didn't want to venture too far for dinner so we went to the restaurant next door, where we both had set menu Thai dinners (pad thai and cashew nut stir fry). Alcohol free night after our libations the previous day.
    Read more