Satellite
  • Day 149

    Day 148: Relaxing in Coron

    November 11, 2016 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Not a whole lot to report today. We spent most of the day having a much-needed day off, as it was the first day we hadn't been getting up early and doing something in over a week. I know that sounds ridiculous when you have a full-time job and a commute and it sounds like we're on endless holidays (which we kind of are), but constantly having full days with no downtime definitely gets exhausting.

    I spent most of the day compiling and labelling footage for my next video, as I'm putting together a video of our time snorkelling and island hopping around Palawan. Also spent a bit of time on Skype chatting to folks back home.

    Lunch was from a bakery, and in the evening we went for drinks and dinner up on the hill with another travel blogger who we'd met at TBEX. She's Polish and runs a Polish-language travel blog, but supports herself on her travels by working most of the way (eg doing front desk at a hostel etc). Good to see a familiar face and have someone else to chat to, even if only briefly!

    Not too late a night though, as we'd organised a reef & wreck tour for tomorrow.
    Read more