Satellite
  • Day 425

    Day 426: Bourges Cathedral

    April 16, 2018 in France ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Up and out early, on the road to Bourges Cathedral, one of the most famous Gothic buildings in all of France. It was a long drive, about 2 hours, especially since we kept skirting toll roads since the bills there are starting to add up.

    Parked just nearby, left Schnitzel in the car, and headed over. Although it was a dull gloomy day, the cathedral still looked great. It's much simpler in style than other Gothic buildings, with no transepts (side bars), just a straight through hall design. Spent about 90 minutes wandering around and filming our video before we were eventually done.

    Back in the car where we headed to a nearby chain bakery named Feuillette, which we'd stopped at for breakfast earlier in the day. It's funny - it's a large chain that has about 30 stores, but limited entirely to this part of France. They're very popular too - this time there was a queue out the door! But we got our food and it was very tasty!

    After that, there wasn't much left for us to do other than drive the two hours back down to the Loire Valley, stopping at a supermarket for supplies along the way.
    Read more