Satellite
  • Day 427

    Day 428: An Unexpected Evening

    April 18, 2018 in France ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    No plans for today, so we stayed in at the farmhouse and did work. Finished my blog posts, edited some video and the usual. The wifi here is quite poor, which is great for keeping me focused and on track! Though it's a bit disconnecting, especially when we're so used to being online all the time.

    Late in the day our hosts who lived in the main house (we were essentially in a granny flat studio out the back) asked us in for dinner, which we accepted! They had some relatives staying next door (someone's brother-in-law, their wife, and another friend), so all up there were seven of us! They could only speak limited English and we can only speak limited French (though our hosts are pretty bilingual), so it was an interesting evening but we managed!

    Generous servings of local wine, chicken and rice, French cheeses and home-made cookies - we both ate and drank a little too much! But it was good fun, and we managed to have a discussion with the others about their trip to Australia a few years ago - they are motorcyclists, and did a riding holiday from Melbourne to Cairns!! Mostly through the outback though, not via Sydney. Definitely felt my French was better on leaving than arriving, that's for sure!
    Read more