Satellite
  • Day 538

    Day 539: Dolomites Part 1

    August 7, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    The Dolomites is the north-eastern section of the Alps in Italy, and they have unusual granite and limestone composition. It's a huge mountain range and on the World Heritage list, so we'd left ourselves two days to fully explore. Not that we could hope to cover it of course!

    In winter this area is huge for winter sports like skiing, boarding, biathlon and the like, while in summer there's loads of adventure sports happening. Hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing etc. Lots of people out and about enjoying their summer holidays!

    We stopped at a bunch of various places, mostly with interesting stuff to film and we tried to pick out some good stuff. No idea if it'll turn out really, and I tend to struggle with producing videos for natural sites. My eye for it isn't as good, and neither is my camera sadly!

    The scenery is pretty incredible though, with the Alps constantly surrounding you. Unfortunately it does take time to get anywhere, since the roads tend to be narrow and winding with very low average speeds! So we spent a lot of time in the car too.

    But it was quite nice, and we ended up at our accommodation at around 6pm quite satisfied with the day, and looking forward to another day of it tomorrow.
    Read more