Satellite
  • Day 2

    Tourist Stops of Manhattan

    October 20, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Did the typical tourist stuff in Manhattan today. First stop was Times Square, then walking south along Broadway. Stopped in at Macy's and then Madison Square Park. Had an early lunch at Shake Shack in the park which was good, because it's bloody cold and restaurants are only allowed to have dogs on the terrace.

    Caught the subway south to Chelsea district where we chilled out for a little while in the Apple Store, then walked along the High Line. We then got escorted out of the High Line because dogs aren't permitted! We knew, but we carried him past the signs until the jig was up.

    Next stop was the southern tip of Manhattan, where we checked out the base of One World Trade Centre, the new tower built on the site of the twin towers. Had a look at the memorial as well, though we had to alternate since dogs aren't allowed there either.

    Walked a few blocks back up to Wall Street for a quick look (there's not much to see!), before a long journey northwards to the East Village for our dog halloween party. Not sure how Shandos discovered this but it was pretty busy, filled with lots of dressed up dogs. I had to take Schnitzel outside during the costume competition though, since the noise and excitement was too much for him.
    Read more