Satellite
  • Day 33

    Heading Home

    July 31, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Final day of the trip. Woke up to find that once again the hotel's wifi wasn't working, so we decided to check out early and head for the co-working space again. We arrived right when it opened at 9am and were greeted by the staff as old friends which was quite nice. I even recorded a video testimonial for their Instagram!

    Spent a couple of hours here finishing off stuff from yesterday before it was time to head at 11am. Managed to catch a Grab to the airport which took about 30 minutes, then we waited in the airport for a couple of hours before taking off.

    Flight to KL was uneventful, and we waited in the large food court area for about 4 hours before the flight to Sydney was ready. I had McDonalds for dinner (which promptly repeated on me!), while Shandos had a chicken rice set.

    Our Sydney flight boarded on time, but then we sat there waiting on the tarmac for about 45 minutes while a late-arriving flight from Phuket turned up and sent about two dozen passengers our way. I guess when it's one or two people they just go and worry about the consequences later, but it's more expensive to rearrange people's flights than to delay this one by an hour. Oh well. Overnight flight so we both ended up sleeping for most of it, making up most of the delay and arriving home in Sydney by 10:15am. Through the airport in record time before a bus and a train, and finally home to Prestons after five weeks. We made it!
    Read more