Satellite
  • Day 60

    Day 60 - Roadtrippin'

    April 8, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Today was all about covering the 413km from Port Douglas to Townsville and hoping the Sweat Box did us proud.

    We hit the road after an early breakfast. I'm now eating the previously mentioned bran cereal that Matt's rejected in favour of Australian brand shredded wheat which he prefers. (It's a slow news day).

    We hit the road about 8.30 with the aim of getting to Mission Beach as our main stop. The scenery is beautiful. Lots of mountains and sugar cane and banana fields. It was even sunny for a lot of the trip! We binged on S Town on the way and stopped at a McDonalds or Macca's as it's know here for a snack and to us the 'Wi-Fry' before carrying on to Mission Beach. Where it promptly rained of course. We had a mega sized meal and a man with a tinnie in hand that we assumed was a local 'character' kept coming over to ask if we liked the food and our opinions on the music. He definitely didn't work there. He also danced with some children which was a bit odd.

    The rain eased a little for our walk on the beach. It was more moody than tropical beach paradise but nice all the same. From there it was back on the road for a couple of hours with a brief stop at Frozen Mango. Partly to stretch our legs and partly because I wanted a picture with the giant mango man outside.

    The camp site we're at is fairly standard. We couldn't be bothered to go into town tonight so it was student cuisine of pasta with a stir in sauce and chopped ham slices. Maybe back to restaurants tomorrow....
    Read more