Satellite
  • Day 25

    Tongariro National Park and Waiouru

    March 1, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    We slept in to about 9am this morning then had a quick shower and cooked some hot cross buns and toast in the kitchen, was nice to have toast for once. We then headed up Highway 4 and onto Highway 47 which was surrounding Tongariro National Park. We then headed to the information center on Bruce Road. We looked around for a little then seeked help for our Alphine Crossing walk. After we headed to the caravan park to see if the shuttle was running for tomorrow. They still didnt know so we decided to go back to the National War Musuem as Chris wasnt happy with the quick look we had on the way down to the South Island the first time. It took about an hour to get to Waiouru as there were road works. When we finally got there Amanda stayed in the car to nap and Chris went inside. Chris seeked some help from a lady who helped him find his fathers name in 2 books. Chris thought this musuem was pretty good.
    After the musuem we headed back to the caravan park which was unfortunatly booked. Thankfully they referred us to another caravan park which was just left of Bruce Road. This caravan park was definitly a dive, we paid $13 a night which was not worth more then $2. The place had really old huts everwhere and the facilities where so old, the receptionist was also a piece of work. After checking in and purchasing our shuttle tickets for the alphine we drive to our spot. We cooked some 2 minute noodles and then showered, we then watched GI Joe and went to sleep as we jad to be up at 5:00am tomorrow.
    Read more