Satellite
  • Day 28

    Journey to Hamilton

    March 4, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    From the Glow worm wave we headed along Te Anga Road as there were a water fall we wanted to see. We drove about 20 minutes and then stopped at Mangapohue Natural Bridge. Here we walked along this river and over a bridge to a large cave opening. There were several flights of steps so we could get closer to the top. The opening was amazing!! We stayed there for a little then continued on to Marokopa Falls. These falls were voted in the top 10 of New Zealand so of course Amanda wanted to have a look. We walked about halfa an hour and then arrived at the falls. They were Amazing!!! Probably the prettiest falls so far! Defintily worth the drive, a good way to end the trip thats for sure. We stayed there talking for a while as well as watching people climb down this muddy large hill to reach the bottom of the falls.
    We then headed back up to the van which took a liitle while as our legs were still hurting, especially Amanda's.
    This is were we made a mistake we should of headed back the way we came on Te Anga Road instead we continued round. This was one of the windest roads in New Zealand, I swear!! It look us about 2 hours to get back to the Highway!!!
    When we finally reached the Highway we made our way up to Hamiliton where Chris bought us a Hotel to stay.
    We got to the Hotel about 6pm. We were going to go out for dinner however decided to get some Kfc hahah. We took it back to our room and demolished it watching some music video clips. After dinner we just laid there doing nothing, it was so nice just to relax for a while in a nice cozy bed. We both showered and had an easy night. Had the best sleep!!!
    Read more