Satellite
  • Day 3

    Manna Hill to Woomera

    August 13, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Left Manna Hill a little late at 9.40 and headed for Port Augusta! The three hour trip flew by with the fast changing landscape along the way. We arrived at the Wadlata Outback Centre for a look at their Australian History displays which were amazing! Everything from Aboriginal culture to European explorers, the evolution of communication and even mining. A fantastic resource for local schools and something I think the girls took a lot away from.

    A quick lunch in the car park, a trip to Coles and some extra fuel and we were back on the road on the way to Woomera. The sheer vastness of the landscape is incredible. You have an idea of what the Outback looks like but there truely is nothing like experiencing it first hand. We've been talking tonight about how quickly the days are going compared with what we all expected. The travelling isn't dragging out the days at all.

    The Woomera Traveller's village and Caravan Park has been a lovely quiet spot considering there are at least 20 vans here with clean amenities and a bar we haven't had the chance to check out yet.

    We're all looking forward to Coober Pedy tomorrow and a two night stay in one place. 😄
    Read more