Satellite
  • Day 13

    Alice Springs

    August 23, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    After getting caught up with the washing we decided to take a quick trip to the Alice Springs Reptile Centre. We had planned on taking a look at the Desert Park but it looked like a place you would need to spend half a day at least to get a good look around. The girls were very keen on spending as much time at the caravan park as possible and to be honest we were all stuffed to a quick trip to the Reptile Centre sounded like the perfect alternative.

    It didn't disappoint! We ended up spending a couple of hours at the centre looking at all the different animals. We were lucky enough to see their salt water crocodile being fed which only happens once a week through winter then we were able to meet and hold a few of their residents which the girls got a real kick out of.

    We went and grabbed a couple of groceries and had a late lunch. Paige commented on how many aboriginal people were around. It's definitely been an education for the girls!

    Within minutes of getting back to the caravan park the girls were off to the pool and their beloved slide. We had a bit of a rest watching the local bird life flying around. Once the girls came back we had dinner and wandered down to the dessert place one last time. The kids have decided we should come back to Alice Springs for a holiday without leaving the caravan park! This one has definitely been a winner! To top it off fuel is available for guests at $125.9c per litre! Roughly 20c cheaper than the rest of town! The Big 4 MacDonnell Range Caravan Park was five star all the way!!
    Read more