Satellite
  • Day 35

    The Daintree Discovery Centre

    September 14, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    After Joey's pancakes for breakfast we had planned on going on the caravan park's tour of their rescued animals and other animals they keep here but the owner came to pre warn us he had a school group along for the morning and we probably wouldn't be able to do as much with the large number of people. We decided to put off our tour till Saturday however Paige decided to join in with the school group and absolutely loved it!

    When she came back we went to the nearby Daintree Discovery Centre. This is an award winning educational experience of the Daintree where you are given a small speaker which gives you specific information by pressing the numbers when you come to a sign. Exceptionally well put together and also comes with a booklet for additional information to keep. (You get 10% discount on your entry if let them know you're staying in the Daintree)

    The first area is an Ariel Walkway taking you on a walk through the mid canopy with information on what you see as you go. Then we got to the 23m tower taking you to the top of the canopy and 4 bars of 3G phone reception which Joe discovered very quickly! We completed the next three areas and returned to the main building and tried their bush tucker tasting plate which we all enjoyed.

    We got back to the van and decided on cheese and biscuits for our late lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging around the van or looking around the caravan park. Listening to the sounds of the rainforest is so relaxing (when I can get everyone else to be quiet!) Such a beautiful place to be.
    Read more