Satellite
  • Day 46

    Caloundra Day Three

    September 25, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    After a morning catching up with my cousins and the girls riding around on their ripsticks and scooter we had lunch and decided to attempt the beach despite the wind.

    We drove down to Shelly Beach and wandered down over the rocks but the wind really was to strong to enjoy it down there so we decided to head out to Strawberry Fields and let the girls pick their own strawberries. Getting out of the car there was the most delicious sweetness in the air. We went in and got containers and headed to the open picking field and let the girls at it. They had fun apart from being a little competitive about the size of their strawberries and Paige had to understand that she could only pick the ripe ones.

    The only cost is the strawberries picked at $11 per kilo. We ended up with $14 of strawberries which I thought was pretty good. Then headed back into Caloundra to grab some extra meat for dinner before heading back to the van.

    We had cheese and biscuits with my cousins before Joe cooked us all a very nice BBQ and a couple of drinks with strawberries and chocolate for dessert! We love it up here. It's so easy to just sit back and relax. And I've loved catching up with my family.

    Driving again tomorrow. Not too many driving days to go and we'll be home but first Byron Bay!
    Read more