Satellite
  • Day 16

    Arthur's Seat

    September 19, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Headed up to Arthur's Seat today. Walked through cute little lanes, and a beautiful park to reach the base.

    Arthur's Seat is an extinct volcano that's basically been left untouched (which is very cool). It's often been mentioned as the possible location of Camelot - hence the name.

    It was a steep climb at times, but fun to try and scramble up the rocks. There were some tracks, but otherwise you could just walk wherever - no signs or rangers telling you to be safe, just common sense. Quite nice in a way. Only had to backtrack once going down (would've been fine going up that part). Views were definitely worth the climb. Made sure to check out the ruins of St Anthony's chapel on the way up too.

    So a decent walk up and down, and the weather was ideal for it too. Then wandered on trying to find food. Settled on cheap sandwiches to eat at home. And some delicious local shortbread from Pinnies & Poppyseeds too.

    Checked out Joy and Lloyd's old place here too, and grabbed some dinner from Edinburgh's first Indian restaurant (yum).

    Tomorrow to the castle and museum!
    Read more