Satellite
  • Day 53

    Speeding to Salerno

    October 26, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Day started with breakfast at the hotel - surprising amount of desserty food available for breakfast (cakes etc). Coffee so good. Checked out, then headed to the Termini Station for train to Salerno.

    Got sandwiches on the way from Mercato Centrale for lunch - salami and truffle oil, and salad and truffle. Yum.

    Had nice seats for the train ride. Tried playing Star Realms on the train until it got too bumpy. Arrived in Salerno surprisingly quickly (journey only 1.45 hours) - leading to a very quick gathering of our bags and getting off the train. Sun shining and sea glistening, we're already liking this coastal city.

    Quick walk to our place. Got moved to a slightly nicer apartment next door due to painting issue in our original place (previous guests had a kid who drew on a wall). Got settled in then went to supermarket. Struggling to find cheap easy dinner to make at home. So got pizza takeaway. Was really good (cheese broccoli mushroom and eggplant - "Ortolana"). Salerno pretty at night. Also had some Tarallini (chip-like mini bagel type things?) and a sausage stuffed in a croquette wrapped in pizza dough thing. Both good.

    Day trip tomorrow!
    Read more