Satellite
  • Day 82

    Santa Monica

    May 11, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    South America left behind, 5 films and three glasses of wine later, we landed in LAX. Having had grumpy Americans at security and customs in previous visits to the US, we were pleasnantly supprised as we went through in half an hour.

    A jump in a expensive taxi and we were in Santa Monica, just above LA. Dumping our stuff in the very expensive hostel room, we walked out into the night to explore. We walked down to the pier, full of colour and noise of the fun fair. People sold crafts, sang and even played the sitar to passers by.

    Climbing back up past muscle beach we walked along 3rd street full of the popular american brand names. We were starving so after months of avoiding as much as we could "American" food we went to town. Steak 'n' shake had mouthwatering steak burgers with gorgeous salty fries and that wonderfull soda machine with 50 different flavours of pop. After 3 months of luminous orange fanta drinking other flavours was wonderful. I am going to gorge myself on American food!! The weight I lost from food poisioning will soon be replaced.

    Tomorrow road trip USA starts!
    Read more