Satellite
  • Day 90

    Hafa Adai

    January 7, 2020 in Guam ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    It was a short flight (30 min) from Saipan to Guam, and we were in the rental car in no time flat. Super easy getting around here on Guam, very similar to Hawaii. I took the opportunity to swing by the Navy Hospital and set up an appointment for a checkup. After checking in to the hotel, we just relaxed and went to Chilis for dinner. Wednesday, I saw the doctor, and after taking vitals and listening to my heart and lungs, said everything looks good. So will be pressing on with this world hash excursion. Once that was settled, we went out for a hike down to the south end of the island. It was an easy hike, less than 4 miles, and looked a whole lot like Hawaii. https://www.relive.cc/view/vRO7dZ8p2y6

    After the hike, we drove on around the southern end of the island and stopped at Jeff's Pirate Cove (recommended by one of Jo's friends) and had a beer and some hot wings. Later in the evening, we met up with a friend of mine who showed us some of the night life, with a beach bar, and a local brewery. We also discovered there will be a Full Moon Hash on Friday, the regular hash on Saturday, and we got invited for an early morning hike on Sunday . . . should be a great weekend.

    On Thursday, we changed hotels, and took a drive up around the norther end of the island. We did some shopping and had lunch in town, then drove up to Anderson AF Base. I took Jo in to show her around, and see if we could find a few things in the exchange. I was able to get a haircut, but everything else was not available, so we drove on around the top of the island. Stopped off in the Guam National Wildlife Refuge, and looked around. Also saw all the new construction taking place to move the Marines over from Okinawa. Lots going on, but looks like there are still a few years before any major boots on ground will occur. Now in our new hotel, and relaxing overlooking the pool.
    Read more