Satellite
  • Day 188

    Mount Vernon H3 Trail #1780

    October 17, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    It was a great day, but was a bit worried when I walked out the door this morning. It was pretty cold, especially for a Hawaii boy like me. Tipping the temp at 48, fortunately the temps rose to mid 60s by the time we set off on trail. It has only been 16 years since I was a regular on the Mount Vernon H3, with nearly 50 trails with this club. My old friends Duals and Sisters on Top set an excellent urban shiggy trail through my old stomping grounds in Northern Virginia. Several well set checks kept our small socially distancing pack of 3 hashers guessing, but we picked up another small group and we numbered 6 by the time we reached the beer check. In good form, there was no hold on the pack, and we were soon (less than 5 minutes) back on trail and headed to the finish. There were about 30-40 hashers that circulated through the start area while we were there, and with a very brief circle, we were off to new adventures . . . yes, a second trail for the day, just 15 minutes away. Well done to the MVH3 for another awesome trail.

    https://www.relive.cc/view/veqzGLzxB7v
    Read more