Satellite
  • Day 188

    Mount Nebo

    July 7, 2021 in Jordan ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    On the recommendation of a couple friends, I made a side trip on my way to Petra. Only added about 30 Kms to the drive, and it was well worth it.

    Mount Nebo is believed to be the place where Moses was been shown the Promised Land by God, and where he died. This summit overlooks the northern end of the Dead Sea, and a view of the valley of the River Jordan. In the distance, on a clear day, you may be able to see the West Bank city of Jericho and possibly Jerusalem. Mount Nebo is often confused in historic sources for the biblical town of Nebo, now known as Khirbet al-Mukhayyat, located 3.5km away.

    More details can be found at https://universes.art/en/art-destinations/jorda…

    From Encyclopedia(dot)com . . . A biblical allusion in "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" can be seen in the reference to the River Jordan. The Jordan River is significant in the Biblical narrative. It is the river that streams through the Holy Land, and represents what the ancient Israelites followed in their search for the Promised Land.

    I also did a little reconnoitering on Google Maps, and see we hashed in the Promised land on Monday, with the Hashemite H3.
    Read more