Satellite
  • Day 27

    Pirate Invasion Hash - La Romana, DR

    January 27, 2022 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Jolly Roger Pirate Invasion H3 – La Romana (DR)

    The Pirate cruise had never been to this port, so it was new for all of us. The question I got most was how did you figure out the trail? Well, we hit the port at 1130, and I was off and on my way. I had done a Google maps recce a couple weeks in advance, and looking at the first map, you can see the target area I figured would be good hashing territory.

    The second map shows where I was able to scout upon arrival. Point A is where the first guard told me I could not go left (north), I could only go right. Point B is where another guard told me . . . no go brother, can’t go this way. So my only choice at this point was to go the other way, so I snuck behind the first guard, and went north anyway. Point C is as far north along the railroad tracks as I got, when I determined the trail was going to be too long if I went up into the originally projected area, so turned back and headed west and into town, hoping there was something interesting to hash through. Passing a dozen hashers on the bridge, who were out for lunch, I just took the first right and hoped for the best. Finding a stairway down to the river, trail was able to get in some interesting alleyways, before finding its way back up to the main town area. Working my way north again, and reaching point D, there was nothing interesting up there, just solid city blocks. Heading south again, I found a couple parks to run through, and passed the hashers I saw on the bridge, in a restaurant. Passing just 5 feet away from them, they never saw me on the street, so all was well. Trail then took the only possible route to get back to the ship, which was back across the bridge, and then turn right into the port area.
    Read more