Satellite
  • Day 220

    Syracuse OnOnDoga H4 #583

    August 8, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Announced as the 8th Anal Britney Bash, where everyone is supposed to dress up like Britney Spears . . . as two of the pack, also born on this day, along with BS herself, were the hares. It was a slightly larger pack than they normally get, with 30 present by the circle afterwards, it was a full on party atmosphere. Theme hashes are not my thing, but the pack seemed to be having a good time. It was hot all day, and by mid afternoon the temps were hovering around 95F. But then a storm blew threw and drenched the trail, washing away any mark that had been preset. As we set off, the lead hare ran along with us, but after a half mile he concluded that there were no marks left at all, and took off with a head start and reset trail.

    I gotta be honest, the trail was not that great. Marks were sporadic, and we basically ran straight to the beer stop and back, with a second beer stop thrown in for good measure (so there was lots of standing around), but everyone was having a good time. I was told this is not their usual type of trail, so I’ll just chalk this one up as being in town for an event rather than a usual trail.

    At the first beer stop, at a local craft brewery, they held a Britney Spears trivia contest, and gave out prizes, along with beers for everyone. The circle at the end was fun, with all the usual down downs, and then we had a birthday party with pizza and cake after. All in all, a fun time on my first trail with this hash club. Next week, they will be holding their 10th anniversary event, so cheers to the SOH4.
    Read more