Satellite
  • Day 52

    Tangalle

    December 23, 2018 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Day 52 & 53.

    THE BEACH! It's been nearly 8 weeks of seeing no coastline and we've been super excited for this day since day 1. After a rather gruelling 3 hour standing bus ride and evading some sneaky tricks from some local taxi scammers we arrived at tangalle to meet Bandulla at his home stay (nicest man in Sri Lanka hands down).

    Quick welcome drink and straight off to swim, home stay was within 100m of a gorgeous beach so we wasted no time.

    Plenty of koala 'ing, wave surfing and sunburn followed but it was welcomed as we were so excited to be here! Beaches are super quiet and chilled, tons of local fresh fish (even roped me into help catch it one day) and plenty of coconuts!

    Don't want to leave the warm hospitality of Bandulla and this great place. In fact the only real downside of this stay was the loss of limbsters sunglasses after she was unmercyfully thrown around by the crashing sea waves... sad times.

    New favourite fish which we had two nights in a row - the Mahi Mahi, other locals seem unfamiliar but it was fantastic!

    Great beard trim here also by Sri Lanakn MJ lookalike , certianly now feeling fresh for Xmas at Hiriketeyia.
    Read more