Satellite
  • Day 66

    Galle

    January 6, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Day 67 - 69.

    Our fortune after the disturbing Tuk Tuk experience quickly turned around, we arrived at the 1 apartment and met the kindest host - Dom.

    It was seriously hot, limbster could barely keep her flip flops from sliding down the street so we grabbed an ice coffee (our first in a long while) and took shelter. Picked up some great Rottis from a tuk tuk bakery, he insisted we have a photo, in part to limbsters v non discreet photo taking abilities, but cracking Rotti.

    Experienced a 10 dish curry tonight, dish quantities seem to be growing in size but that mango just cannot be beaten!

    The next day meant our first full day in Galle, and only one thing - Limbster Adventure Tours comes to Sri Lanka. Map in hand we weaved in and out of historic buildings and museums, worming our way out of paying tips left right and centre. Limbster did a cracking job and by midday we could happily say we had seen the Fort in full!

    We may have got excited here and splashed out 10000 rupees on 3 cracking posters - I was super excited by this and couldn't stop smiling all the way through the celebratory lunch that followed. As the heat grew we headed back, grabbed our usual KFC ice cream and settled in to have an evening of Kotthu made by Dom.

    Next day headed to Jungle Beach, caught the local bus (our frugal side leaning on us after that poster spree) and arrived at a great little bay. Limbster joked around in the water, confidently assuming her Komodo Dragon stance ready to play.

    We then procured two lovely new straws, this trip to Galle was really becoming a success and headed to hunt down the stilt fisherman of Sri Lanka, back on that bus. Turns out the Stilt fishermen are actually Stilt conmen, there was no chance we where paying the price of a much loved poster to see some layabout jump up on his stilt. Instead Limbster got a few sly snaps of fishing and some empty stilts and we were out of there!

    Note we had some ear drama here, don't want to touch on it too much - a picture says a 1000 words and that...
    Read more