Satellite
  • Day 17

    Lakes Entrance to Wilson's Promontory

    February 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Checked out by 10am and had a chat with the owner. She explained that the fires came within 30km of the property and on 31st December they evacuated all of their guests. Luckily the wind changed direction and they were not directly effected but the next paying guest did not arrive until 14th January and this in high season. We went back in to town and walked out over the bridge onto 90 mile beach - the clue is in the title. Then back in the car and on to Wilson's Prom National Park. The journey took us through lush green farm land and rolling hills and familiar places like Stratford which happened to be on the river Avon. We picked up supplies in Toora and some Fuel in Foster as we were not too sure what facilities existed in the Park.
    All of the camping and hostel style accomodation is within a central area. Our Tent was in a secluded area with a shared Kitchen and BBQ. The tent was large with proper ensuite facilities so whilst we were at one with nature we were not exactly roughing it !! We went for a short walk and came across a Wombat and a Wallaby. The park is massive with only one full day we will only scratch the surface but looking forward to getting out and about tomorrow.
    Read more