Satellite
  • Day 13

    Kitekite Falls

    December 13, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    For today I planned to visit the Kitekite Falls.
    I could choose from different walking tracks there so I decided to take one track to the falls and the other one back to the car park! From the first track, I could turn off to walk up to the top of the waterfall! Many stairs to climb up, but so worth it again! This waterfall seems to fall in many stairs as there is a small pool underneath each drop! It will be interesting to see it from below!
    The walk down was easy as the path I very good and it's mostly stairs I didn't need to look out for every single step I am doing.

    The waterfalls are really impressive to look at from the bottom. It is safe to swim in the pool there but it's not so warm jet, so I saw no one swimming in there. 😉

    On the way back was a really nice viewing platform from where you could see almost the whole waterfall. From the bottom, you can't see the first two ”stairs” of the waterfall!

    After that, I went back for a calm afternoon on the campground to wait for the low tide again, as I planned to climb up on the Lion Rock today.
    It is very cloudy today and it was just before I want to go to the lion rick starting to get better and more and more sun was coming through the clouds! So I could actually do the walk in nice weather!
    Shortly after it was already getting very cloudy again and it's starting to look more and more like it's going to rain, as it also did during the night and early morning.
    Read more