Satellite
  • Day 17

    Mangaweka to Picton

    December 17, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    I woke up this morning from a thunder.
    But the thunderstorm never came to the camping ground. It was obviously not raining during the night and after 15 minutes the sun was starting to come out. I took it easy, as I have just around 3 hours left to Wellington and don’t need to be before 3 pm in the afternoon.
    So I took a small walk around the campground as it is closed to a river and a big grey wall.

    Then I slowly started to drive toward Wellington. I stopped for some shopping and had lunch at McDonald's, was just feeling for it today 🙈
    Also nice with some free WiFi as I had over one hour to waste. It’s raining now, so no sense to find seething to do or see.
    When it was time I went to the Ferry terminal.
    It’s still raining but luckily it’s not blowing at all! I was a little bit worried the last days as the weather forecast was saying there will be a lot of wind today and I have heard many times that it is not funny to cross over the Cook Straight when it is really windy.
    So I am really, really lucky again with this trip! Cheap and perfect sea conditions 🥳🤗
    Can’t be more satisfied 😊
    We left Wellington in time! Not so much to see from inside the ferry as it’s still raining and you can barely look out from the windows.
    Unfortunately, the weather never got better so it was no sense to go out and enjoy the scenery.
    But the ocean was calm all the way so it was a really nice ride at least and to be honest I prefer it this way!
    For the night I will stay on a campground in Picton.
    Hopefully, the weather is already getting better tomorrow. I cross my fingers for this 🤞🏼
    Read more