Satellite
  • Day 28

    Council Hill

    December 28, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    It was a tough night, as it as been blowing all night long and is still blowing now in the morning.
    It got pretty cold as well, what I don’t like.

    After breakfast, I went to the forest as there are a lot of different walks you can do and the woman on the campground highly recommended to do at least one of them.
    So I decided to walk up to Council Hill!

    It was supposed to take 2 hours return but it took me only 1 hour and 15 minutes and I thought it was a really easy walk up the hill. Not a challenge at all!
    On the way back I saw, how hard it was for many people to walk up and I guess the last walks up the steep hills was at least good for something 😉

    The view up there was amazing if just the wind would be so much and sooo cold.

    I then was thinking to give the city one more chance, but like yesterday it was so full and overcrowded that I was just passing through.
    Hanmer Springs is normally really famous for its hot pools, but I don’t even feel for trying it as it is so full everywhere.
    It anyway was nice that I was here as the nature is so amazing!

    I went back to the coast and found a really nice campground outside of Christchurch, but even here the wind is horrible and the owner told me, that it’s not supposed to get better the next days 😕

    But at least it was slowing down a little bit in the evening so that I got a good sleep overnight!
    Read more