Satellite
  • Day 70

    Wof

    February 8, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Having a neighbor at the campground in a tent has never been a problem for me, last night it was. I don't know what he did, but he was obviously moving around so much and making so many noises that even I woke up from it and had hard to fall asleep again...
    So I was quite tired this morning. I had to get up in a good time as I need to be in Takanini at 11 am to meet with Steve, who wants to take a look at the car and I have to fix a new warrant of fitness, short Wof as well.

    So after breakfast, I packed up my stuff and left the campground at 9.30 am.

    Halfway to Auckland, I stopped at a picnic area as I was reminding that I haven't removed the duck tape jet, so I did that fast and then realized that I somehow need to get the glue away that was still stuck on the car. That was not easy at all and took quite some time, luckily I left so early!
    I managed to get away the most of it!
    And Steven didn't see the rest, or he at least was not saying anything about it. 😅

    I arrived at 11 am at the VTNZ branch in Takanini and Steve came a few minutes later.
    He took a look around the car and was pleased with what he saw. He explained to me, what I need to do to get the car checked and how we keep on going after this.

    So I went to the waiting line, parked my car there, left the keys inside and went to the reception to sign in and pay.
    It costs only 67$ here, so that is not much money!
    I had to wait for like 45 minutes until I got called for a mechanic.
    My car failed 😳

    I got the paper with the list of problems and 28 days to fix it!

    So I went to a small parking area and called Steve to tell him this.
    He then called his garage, and I could go there immediately.
    They took a look at the paper and said, they can fix it. It's two new lamps in front and a howl in the muffler. I had to leave the car with them for an hour.
    I was surprised how cheap it was. Only 120$, that's like 80€.

    So after that, I went to the VTNZ Branche just across the road.
    And I failed again, damn it...
    It was still a problem with one light.
    So back to the garage again, but now they had their lunch break. So they asked if I could come back at 3 pm again. No problem, I also needed some lunch, good that McDonald's was just a kilometer away 😉

    Getting back to the garage one of the mechanics saw me driving in, he was like why are you back? Ad I gave him the paper and he was like, oh ok but why did they not fix it? It's just the focus that is not right, they could have done it by themselves.

    Well, they didn't, so I drove in and they fixed it, for free!
    Well do be honest, they should have checked this when they were putting it in in the first place.
    Luckily the recheck is not coasting anything! It doesn't matter how many times you are going back. So I went one more time to the VTNZ and this time my car passed!!! 🥳🥳 Jippi!
    Finally!
    It's just 4 pm now, so the whole thing took 5 hours.

    Now I will probably end up in a big traffic jam leaving Auckland 😬

    I found a cheap campground only 60 km north of here, where I want to stay for some days.
    The traffic wasn't as bad as expected! It took me not even one hour there!

    The campground might be old, but it's a super nice, quiet and peaceful place!
    Super friendly and helpful owners and just what I need for the rest couple of days I have in front of me!

    Steve wants me to go to two car fairs this weekend to try to sell the car there, but I can't do that. It's not feeling right to sell the car to other travelers with the water leak... And if I say it, I would either not be able to sell it or for super less many. And if I don't say it, I maybe get 500$ more than from Steve... Maybe... I don't even think so.
    So I decided to not go, but not gonna tell him that.

    I will give the car a nice clean in the next days from inside and outside and that's all!
    He can deal with it then!
    It feels good like this!
    Read more