Satellite
  • Day 80

    Road through many National Parks

    February 18, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    After we left Cape Leeuwin we started to drive towards Pemberton.
    We past through many National Parks, such as Blackwood River National Park, Milyeannup National Park, Hilliger National Park, and Greater Beedelup National Park.

    It's hard to describe the feeling of driving through this park! They are all so beautiful and full of giant trees! Kara is always trying to take some pictures while I am driving but you can not really capture it well on a picture, even though the pictures are really good!
    We didn't see so much wildlife here, no kangaroos around.

    We stopped for lunch in the Gloucester National Park.
    We had a quick lunch as there are some nasty big, bloodsucking, flying creatures who were terrorists us...
    While I went for a short walk around in the forest Kara wanted to climb up the Gloucester Tree.
    I don't think I am having enough energy for this again and was deciding against it, also I would love to do it!
    Kara said it was really nice but you could not see much more than the forest everywhere!
    So we more or less were running back to the car to get away from these horrible creatures. Unfortunately, there were quite a few in the car as well, so it took us some time to get them out again.

    After that, we drove to the Mount Frankland National Park, where we found a super small camping spot in the middle of nowhere.
    Here is even a small hut and as the ground is too rocky we decided to sleep in the hut tonight.
    First, we took a short walk around the area to the small river and Kara was even meeting a kangaroo when she was out searching for the toilet.
    After that, we fixed our ”beds” and the played a little bit scrabble before we started to cook and had dinner.
    We saw some black cockatoos flying around but it was hard to get a good picture from them as they stayed too far away from us! But still really cool to see them! They are mostly black but have some orange feathers in their tail!
    After dinner, we were putting all the stuff back into the car and went to bed quite early. We heard some animals moving around the hut, we think it was some kangaroos. We always went out together in the dark to go to the toilet and also decided to weak each other up if someone needs to go to the toilet during the night!

    We are definitely a good team!
    I am so happy that I found her and we do this trip together.
    Read more