Satellite
  • Day 102

    Day 2 at Anton Golino Stable

    March 11, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Same start in the day as yesterday. We started at 6 am, kicked out some horses in the walker, the other ones took some in from the paddocks. Then we geared up the first horses and Marika and Glen drove out with them. Anton, the Trainer came around 7 am and shortly after they went out with the first group of fast training horses.
    I kept on fixing horses to the walker, geared them up, washed them and fixed them afterward during the whole morning. When I had some time I washed the harnesses from yesterday, rolled up bandages, etc.

    Pat, the owner came shortly past 8 am with some cookies and cinnamon buns for us 😍

    When they were ready training the horses they also drove the 6 one-year-olds that are in the bike already. They go first out in the walker and then get geared up, Anton is driving them, and after that, they get brushed.

    Around 1.30 pm we were ready with the horses, had cleaned all the equipment, washed the towels, cleaned the wash boxes and the floor and were good to go inside for a lunch break.

    Marika and I were back in the stable at 3 o’clock to fix Dusty and Duke and go to Geelong with them to the races. Both were racing in the first race.
    It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the racetrack with a stop to buy icecream 🤗
    Its really good weather today and around 28 degrees 😎

    After everything was loaded off, the horses got a chance to wee and then we geared them up and Marika and Jason went out to warm them up.
    Back inside both got another chance to have a wee and then it was already time to get them ready again for the race.
    The problem here is that you can’t warm them up when you want. Only one race before your race you are allowed to drive out with them and the outriders or at least one of them must be on the track already.

    After Marika and I helped Jason and Jacky, the other driver out, we went to the track to look at the race. Unfortunately, both horses got a really late start and ended up far behind the car and both were also galloping then.. so no good day for us...
    After the race, we took off the gear, walked the horses and washed them and then we were packing all the stuff and loading it in before we were loading the horses shortly past 7 pm and went home.

    We got a bit lost on the way home and ended up driving a way, Marika had heard about, that it’s to steep to drive there with a horse trailer on. So we had to turn around and find another way 🙈😂
    We were back at the stable at 9 pm, just loaded of the horses, fixed them and put them in their boxes and then we went straight inside, had a sandwich and went straight to bed.
    Read more