Satellite
  • Day 68

    Piriac sur mer

    June 22, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    OK so while we were in Sauzon we managed to catch a weather forecast that gave strong gusts of wind for Thurs to Fri so sadly we decided it was best to head for a Marina on Thurs. When we arrived back at the boat a French lady on the boat next to us offered us slices of homemade tart au chocolate, I explained about John being coeliac but I would love a piece I got 1/4 of cake I think but it was delicious. Next morning we struggled out of bed about 9 shocking really and headed out, it was a lot rougher at entrance than we expected but got a little better as we headed east with wind and tide going the same way. Having some issues with the plotters, the slave the one outside can't use GPS sometimes so doesn't know where we are real time. The main one is OK and we have emailed Guernsey to fixer for assistance.
    As post name suggests we are now at Piriac another traditional Bretagne town and will be cycling to Guerande tomorrow, so see salt marshes and it's Medieval town. We might meet Dick and Sally from home on Sat as they are heading this way, and as there is a Sat morning market and music in the eve we will stay till Sunday at least. Tea's ready so best be off, but keep well.
    Read more