Satellite
  • Day 84

    Noirmoutier

    July 8, 2017 in France ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Hi Sorry for the lack of news for a few days. As you can see, if you are using map function we are now in Herbaudiere marina on Isle d'Noirmoutier. After a relaxing morning coffee we left Pornic and headed back west along the coast to anchor and eat. I even managed 2 x 20min swims in a rash vest as a jellyfish precaution. Then as wind more westerly we headed towards pointes des dames on Isle de noirmoutier and found a good anchorage. We stayed for 2nights, night one some cherubs spent the wee hours letting off bangers as part of their party celebrations. On the first full day we walked to the capital for lunch before strolling through town, saw the château and then along the coast, past all the dead boats back to Take Five via ice-cream stop.
    Much quieter night but the workman started at 7am! We took bikes ashore on the dinghy and rode around island looking at all the lovely white houses with blue shutters and doors and terracotta roofs. We stopped at marina and having checked forecast asked for a spot for the night. All OK so back via supermarket to boat for lunch. People on beach thought we were mad with bikes on back of dinghy as John and I rowed out.
    Then we thought nice and easy lift anchor and away we go but.... no it seemed we had snagged a bout line when we had anchored, so in the water I go to see what's happened... not a bouy line we had managed to wrap the anchor chain around the only rock on the sea bed fortunately a rope around anchor directly, took strain off and it lifted. Could have been expensive. Marina was busy but pleasant enough except at night when wind picked up and fishing boats went in and out and everything creaked or groaned. I really need a good night's sleep. Today I baked a cake, yes I really did and it tastes very nice, we did more laundry and shopping ready to go anchoring again. So tomorrow Sunday we are heading to Isle de Yeu for a few days. We have leave near High tide as marina entrance not deep.
    Read more