Satellite
  • Day 309

    Valor

    February 18, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    So today our regular Sunday walk took us to Valor a small town to the North west of Almerimar up in the hills about a 45min drive away. There was loads of almond blossom and it was very picturesque if not as stunning as last week.
    We have just realised that we might be leaving here in 10 days time! so have a few more things to buy and do including restocking the larder and fueling up as well as picking people’s brains for the best places to anchor and most expensive marinas so we can avoid those! There is rumour that it will rain here tomorrow so might be an internet planning day.
    Thanks to everyone, from John, for his birthday cards and birthday wishes. On Saturday we took a walk to the nature reserve to see if there were any flamingos in the lagoon, there were, but this time we did remember the camera but when I switched it on ‘battery exhausted’ was the message so we have to go back again for photos. I think I even managed to catch a little sun. Later on in the evening we went out for a birthday meal where John had lamb chops, one of his favourites, then we took part in the quiz again but did miserably this week.
    Read more