Satellite
  • Day 583

    Nafpaktos

    November 19, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Wow when we woke up on Saturday and looked towards Delphi on the side of Mount Parnassos there was snow. Snow this is Greece you don’t picture snow when you think of Greece well we didn’t but apparently there are 27km of ski slopes on Mount Parnassos! We left Itea after a coffee and headed south but only about 5Nm to an almost landlocked bay with only a hotel that was closed. But as it was still p***ing down we weren’t going anywhere in the dinghy anyway so didn’t matter at all. We did contemplate a walk ashore but the pack of dogs we saw persuaded us this was a naff idea!
    Next day we headed to Nisos Trizonia, somewhere Ken from Almerimar had mentioned, still on Northern shore of Corinthian Gulf. It was still raining and cold though not quite as bad which made appreciating the island harder but we did decide that in the sunshine it would have been interesting to walk around and the tiny harbour, along from the marina, would have been a lovely place to drink a coffee ☕️ and watch the world go by. The ‘marina’ was fairly big but had had its fair share of abandoned boats some were still in the water rather than on it, others had sunk and were being removed. As seems to be the norm we were one of only 2 inhabited yachts and only stayed the 1 night.
    We are now in Nafpaktos which we wouldn’t have been able to come to in season as it’s a bit small. It’s an old medieval harbour the entrance is 35m wide, we are largest boat by about 8m. We did walk up to the castle, but we forgot today was Monday when all tourist sites tend to be closed, so have to walk up again tomorrow.
    Read more