Satellite
  • Day 600

    Meganisi

    December 6, 2018 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    So from Fiscardo, we travelled a 10 miles to Vassiliki in the south of Lefkas. They are building what should be, if it is finished, a very well equipped and sheltered marina here. We found room to go alongside on the town quay and apart from the work on the marina it was very quiet we found one open coffee shop no taverna though so after a walk around town and along the beach we had food on board. The next day it was only 5 miles to Sivota but we stopped on the way so I could have a swim, after the skinny dip I realised the water is a lot warmer than I expected so as the sun was out I did a 30min swim and wiped the face of the depth sounder as the readings were getting a bit hazy. We had thought that Vassiliki was quiet, well nothing was open in Sivota not even a cafe, but it was a very sheltered bay and in shoulder months is probably lovely. This time of year the sun left the moorings very early and it got a bit chilly. Once again a walk, then food on board.
    Today we travelled 6 miles to get to Port Spiglia on Meganisi. We were approached by a coastguard boat on route but when we slowed so we could talk to them they waved and zoomed off. We have walked up the hill to Spartakhori, where there was one very Greek cafe that was open it was full of old men drinking Greek coffee, we saw quite a few very old looking Greek ladies all in black including the headscarf. We also rode our bikes around the coast to Vathi where we found tourist coffee but again no tavernas, perhaps we can eat out tomorrow in Nidri, who knows.
    Read more