Satellite
  • Day 93

    Positano and Montepertuso

    June 25, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After our walk back to Antares we headed back to the boat hoping we could stay there for the night but the swell caused by all the ferries, trip boats and hire boats was horrendous. We tried just to the west of Amalfi but no better so headed further west the boats were still zipping about so still lots of swell. In the end we anchored of Positano it was only a little better but it was here or head to Capri. The scenery on this bit of coast is incredible big caves, houses perched on cliffs, roads that are more bridges than roads. There were some properties that we think could only be accessed by boat and only on a calm day!
    In the morning we headed ashore for a wander around tow, it was already busy. We decided to walk out of town a bit, that meant going up. Well not we really more me, I was getting a bit stir crazy, anyway 1500 steps up later and we arrived in Montepertuso ready for a cold drink but cafe wasn’t open so settled for an ice cream from the corner shop before having a breather and a mooch. Met Blu a beautiful grey cat who was desperate for cuddles and pats, up on our laps butting our chins sadly he was wearing a flea collar so we couldn’t steal him. Back down to the boat and we headed to Capri for the night. The channel crossing was very choppy wind against tide, yep there was apparently 2 knots of tide going north with the wind from the north, we had to close the hatches and windows, but it all eased as we reached Capri and anchored off the south of the island to the east of Marina Piccolo.
    Read more