Satellite
  • Day 348

    Australian Pink Floyd

    March 6, 2020 in France ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Well yesterday we bussed into Marseille for the concert, luckily it wasn’t one of the ones cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak. No one I saw in Marseille was wearing a mask 😷 and only one person at the concert who appeared to have other issues as well, was. We had thought incorrectly it turns out that the concert was at the Velodome but no it was at Le Dome not the Velodrome so we had a metro ride across town after the concert to reach the hotel as the Le Dome and the Velodrome are on opposite sides of Marseille. We returned to the Queen Victoria pub for our pre Show meal and John went for the French version of a big breakfast again as he had enjoyed it so much last time. The moving around was easy as we bought a 24hour pass for metro, bus and trams for €5.40, so could hop on and off as often as we fancied. We didn’t need to do the sights as visited those already.
    The concert was brilliant, I was not the youngest there but definitely in that camp.
    Here are some photos, obviously not mine couldn’t be bothered to take the iPad and our phones aren’t smart enough to take photos you can actually upload.
    The final photo is of a building site just outside Fos sur Mer that when we visit got here was not even flattened land, so when they want to the French can work quite fast, on one bus trip past we counted 8 bore hole drilling rigs.
    We now have a couple of days to get ready as we are leaving Sunday, not yet sure where we will be heading as this depends on how rough the sea is. It has been blowing for a few days now but either East to Martigues and into the Etang (lake) if it’s rough or West to Saint-Marie-de-Mer. Our original plan to head straight onto the Rhône has been scuppered by heavy rain inland that has increased the flow of the river to fast than we can motor. So the revised plan, you always have to be flexible being on a boat is to get onto the canal Rhône a Sète and visit the towns along there until river eases off. First stop on the canal should be Aigues-Mortes then we decided East or West. But not sure when we will be able to get to the canal as we are experiencing the sort of high winds the UK has been having all winter, at least ours are accompanied by sunshine 🌞.
    Read more