Satellite
  • Day 2

    Angel's Landing

    May 20, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Good morning Utah! We made it to Zion National Park, and there is no better way to be introduced to this gorgeous place than the infamous Angel’s Landing hike.

    Considered one of the most dangerous hikes in the US, this adrenaline packed, 5 mile hike starts at the base of a mountain where you slowly zig zag your way up to the top. Once it flattens out, you feel like you are almost there but you are far from it.

    From this point on, the rest of the hike is a series of rock scrambles, traversing across narrow ledges and holding onto the side of the mountain using iron hand rails. I can see why people die on this hike. One wrong move, and you’ll be plummeting to your death.

    The most nerve-racking part of the entire hike comes at the very end. You have to walk across the mountain on a very narrow pathway. The wind is gusting and you have nothing to hold on to. I ended up crawling across this section to avoid being blown off the side of the mountain.

    Once you finally reach the end, you are rewarded with 360 degree views of the entire park. It’s breathtaking. The only downside is that you have to turn around and go back down the same way you came up!
    Read more