Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 4: Yangshuo

    June 1, 2017 in China ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Breakfast on the roof terrace followed by a fascinating wander around a local Chinese food market to buy ingredients for the cooking class. Saw an array of sights and sounds: giant courgettes and cinnamon, 1 year old salted eggs, live albino rabbits, fish and cats, not so live dog.

    Learned to cook Chinese style with another tour group of people from London and the Netherlands, followed by meeting our 4th group member 'Northern' Jordan from Castleford. Then, a beautiful bike ride down the Yulong river and bamboo river rafting.

    In the evening met some friendly Chinese students studying English and business. It all started with one student having the courage to come over and start the conversation; by the end we were all laughing and chatting, and they were keen to improve their English.

    Finished the night with some live music and a gin and tonic on a very uncomfortable bar stool and Emma's skirt was lifted up by a Chinese boy...he was only around 4 years old so will let him off this time!

    Final note of the day: peanuts don't grow on trees.

    Night night! Gill & Em x
    Read more