Satellite
  • Day 30

    Day 30: DISNEYLAND!!!

    June 27, 2017 in Hong Kong ⋅ 🌙 28 °C

    The bestest most magical day!

    Gill wasn't taking any queue jumping nonsense today - told a woman straight at the queue to our first ride 'Winnie the Pooh', and put a large shoving family in their place in the hustle and bustle of the (amazing) 'Festival of Lion King' show.

    A few of our favourite rides were 'Mystic Manor', 'Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine'... for Emma the Slinky Dog Spin', and for Gill it was nice to see 'It's a Small World' again. Emma very proud of Gill's willingness to brave the roller coasters and high rides - 'Toy Soldier Parachute Drop' and Star Wars 'Hyperspace Mountain' (where Gill's hilarious Wookiee impression and reference to the "smoking slug" occurred) were so worth it!

    Disaster struck around 11am... Emma's camera was full - quickly needed to go through the 3000 photos and make some room!

    Everybody should see a Disney parade at least once in their lifetime. They're so grand and happy and fill the whole streets with magic! Enjoyed the 'Flights of Fantasy Parade' in the afternoon, and ended the day with 'Disney Paint the Night' Parade followed by the grand finale: 'Disney in the Stars Firework Spectacular'. Wow. A wonderfully magical way to spend our last night of what has been a fantastic trip.

    Gill & Em x
    Read more