Satellite
  • Kuala Lumpur

    March 9, 2018 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    While flying to Bali we had a seven hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur so we decided to explore the city a little bit. We got the Express train into City centre and then the metro to the Petronas twin towers. The first thing that we noticed was how clean and on time the train was and the second thing was how drivers obeyed the rules of the road. It was the first time in six weeks that we saw this happen so we were delighted to briefly be in a place that had Western types of rules as it reminded us of home.

    We bought our tickets to go up the Petronas towers and the first stop was on the 41st floor where there is a bridge connecting both towers. We got our first view over the city. Then we headed up to the 83rd floor which is the top of the tower and got a different view over the city. Luckily the weather was great so we could see buildings and mountains really far away. After getting our necessary pictures we walked back towards the centre station. We walked by the KL tower and Chinatown and then headed back to the airport for our second flight of the day to Bali.

    I liked Kuala Lumpur and wish we had more time to explore it and to explore Malaysia as well however I am going to have to leave that to another time. By the end of the day we had been to three different countries in one day.
    Read more