Satellite
  • Rosario and San Bernardo Islands

    August 16, 2018 in Colombia

    Before going home I wanted to scuba dive again. I found some islands off the coast of Cartagena that was supposed to be good for diving. I left Rob behind in Cartagena and went with Diving Planet for a two day diving trip to the Rosario Islands. Most people were just doing a one day trip but there was one other guy from Belgium who was also doing a two day trip. We dived two day-dives followed by a night dive on day one and then two more day-dives on day two. The water was a lot warmer than in Taganga and New Zealand so it was a lot more comfortable diving. I actually really liked diving in this region as the reef was very colourful with coral and the fish were also colourful. We saw cerebral coral, elephant sponges, triggerfiah, lobsters and crab. On the night dive I apparently spotted an octopus and showed it to our guide however I don’t remember seeing an octopus as I always thought that I was looking at crabs and lobsters. I will have to dive again somewhere to see an octopus. The best part of the dive trip was on the night dive when we turned off our lights and saw the illuminative plankton moving in the sea, it sparkled like the stars. It was definitely a nice place to finish my diving for the trip.

    After returning back to Cartagena for one night Rob and myself headed to another set of islands off the coast of Cartagena called San Bernardo islands for a few nights of paradise. It took two hours to reach the islands from Cartagena by boat. Unfortunately when we arrived the weather was cloudy and grey so the island didn't feel like paradise. However the next morning the sun was splitting the stones. We stayed in a little hut beside the sea and it was very relaxing falling asleep to the sound of the waves. We watched the beautiful sunset every evening while sipping on fruity cocktails. This was not a trip that we would normally enjoyed because there wasnt a lot of action or activities to do but it was perfect for us now at the end of the trip to relax before heading back to reality.
    Read more