Satellite
  • Saturday Lunch in the Time Out Market

    March 2, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    After enjoying our time in the Puppet Museum, we were hungry. Donna had mentioned that she had gone to eat at the Time Out Market near the waterfront on several occasions. Since we were in the general area, we walked to the 19th Century Ribeira covered produce and handicraft market that also houses a huge food court called The Time Out Market. It is named after a magazine with the same name.

    The food court offers a mix of price ranges and food types, everything from tinned octopus to warm beef sandwiches to steak to tuna tartar. Many of Lisbon’s top chefs have stalls here and some offer cooking classes in the market.

    Since we have been in Portugal, we have not had a hamburger so when we saw a gourmet hamburger stand, we ordered 2 hamburgers, fries and a drink. It was pricey but was it ever good!

    And ... we had heard about the Santini ice cream factory in Carcavelos but forgot to get an ice cream cone when we were there. Guess what? There was a Santini ice cream stand in the market and we didn’t forget to get one this time! Santini ice cream has the reputation of being one of the best ice cream parlours in the world.
    Read more