Satellite
  • Day 42

    Singapore

    November 3, 2014 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    God, big cities are exhausting. And fun! Singapore sure is both. After our day at the zoo we went to explore the city itself. Little India, the Muslim Quarter, the Colonial Quarter, the CBD, Marina Bay, Gardens by the bay and Chinatown we did on Saturday. Quite a walk. We were impressed by the last one, one of the nicest Chinatown we've ever seen: of course there were dozens of shops as usually in cute, well kept streets with nice small houses. There was one central place where people were dancing some known choregraphy.

    The bay is definitely better at night although already quite cool during the day. On the evening we saw a sound and light show (projection on a fountain/wall of water) in front of the Marina Bay Sands hotel, that was impressive!

    On Sunday we climbed the highest mountain in the state of Singapore. Towering at 116m above sea level sits Mt. Faber. But we didn't hesitate and started the tiring hike to the mountaintop which took us a whole 20 minutes!!! We continued along walkways called the Southern Ridges. Both the mountain and the Ridges offer unique views on the city and Sentosa Island south of Singapore. Very nice.

    After being in a 12 people shared room, we decided to treat ourselves with a very good hotel (but still not the Marina Bay Sands) for the last night.

    Unfortunately, the restaurants that we had checked on Saturday and planned on going to the next day were closed on Sunday, so good restaurant will be for Vietnam...
    Read more