Satellite
  • Day 73

    Kratie

    December 4, 2014 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Our last day in Siem Reap was spent with looking at cute shops, eating, waiting for the rain to be over etc. In fact we were just killing time as we were waiting for the night bus to leave at 11 PM which we had decided to take to go back to Phnom Penh and then up the Mekong to Kratie. We also went to the "cinema" in Siem Reap and saw the second part of the Hobbits in preparation for the upcoming finale. In this place you can rent a room for 2 to 10 people and watch a movie you choose from a big folder. In your room there are big couches and a large screen. Fun!

    The nightbus had 2 storey of beds being a bit inclined as hospital beds and with security belt at the waist. Good that Karsten made a extended read about it so we were prepared against the cold air-con! The travel could have been comfortable if most of the drive haven't been on a bumpy dust road. Nevertheless, we managed to sleep and, for its purpose, it is definitely better than seats!

    Arriving in the early morning in Phnom Penh, we found a bus to Kratie 2h later. We were not sure how long it would take but hoped for 4h. We had just enough space for legs, which is already great but the air-con was quite weak (always complaining huh ;) So when the bus arrived in Kratie 8h later... we were quite happy to get out of it!

    We are now in a veeery nice hostel organising eco-tourism and being a training center for the local youth (when we can comfortably support good causes, we are always in ;). The shower is amazing, didn't had one like that in months!
    Read more