Satellite
  • Day 244

    First Time Vancouver

    May 15, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    I was lucky that my couchsurfer host Khaled picked me up from the train station. After dropping off my luggage we drove to Deep Cove and relaxed there. We also hiked up to Quarry Rock for a nice view.
    The next day I met up with Jen for planning our 10-day roadtrip on Vancouver Island and renting the car. She had left a message on the board of her hostel looking for a forth person to join us for the trip and Ruby (australian) got back to her about it. So we were four girls in total (1Aussie, 3Germans) and going to pick up Madita from the airport on wednesday (our first day).
    After arranging everything I explored downtown and went for a nice walk along the seaside while enjoying the perfect weather. I also visited the market on Granville Island - a cute area. :)
    The second day I had to organize and buy some stuff for the trip starting tomorrow. In the evening I had dinner with Khaled and gave him some tipps for his traveling through Europe especially explaining him our roadsigns and rules cause some of them are quite different to the canadians.
    I really enjoyed my first couple of days in this beautiful city surrounded by stunning nature and am looking forward to come back soon with my parents!
    Read more