Satellite
  • Day 9

    Day 8 - A WOW Finale!

    June 4, 2019 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We had booked a dinner reservation at Mylnik, a short distance away.

    The pictures of our experience tell the story of an incredible meal, served by personable staff (Yulia & Tomas) in a gorgeous environment with a beautiful view. One surprise after another - we were absolutely delighted!

    The first surprise was being seated on a glassed patio with a close up view of the Charles Bridge AND having gentle misters overhead. So refreshing in the +29 heat. This, after walking through the main restaurant - check out the artistic flair!

    We had a glass of Czech wine which was very smooth. The bread and cheese spread starters were very, very good. Both of us chose the 'veal fillet mignon a la schnitzel' as our main course. The presentation and taste? O. M. G.

    Further surprises were the pre and post palette teaser/refresher, each amazing little works of art and full of interesting and pleasing flavors.

    We decided to try the strawberry marscapone pistachio dessert. Our plates arrived with a dramatic flourish - a tall sparkler & dry ice in a small bowl on a plate with 'Happy Birthday' written in chocolate script.

    When we booked online, we'd mentioned briefly that we were celebrating birthdays with a trip to Prague. But, never in a million years did we expect the restaurant to pick up on that and treat us as they did.

    The dessert was gorgeous and flavorful. Almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

    The last surprises were small boxes that held tiny squares of rich chocolate covered in raspberry dust!

    What a memorable finale for our trip!
    Read more