Satellite
  • Day 8

    1 day in Argentina

    June 21, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Iguazu falls crash across the Brazil and Argentina border. There are 275 individual falls occupying an area more than 3km wide and 80m high. It is said that after seeing Iguazu falls, the Niagara ones are nothing in comparison. It is hard to say which side is better, whether the argentinian or brazilian one, as both are different.

    We started with the Argentinian one, our driver Sebastian came to pick us up in the morning and first took us to exchange some argentinian pesos as no other currency and not even credit cards are accepted to pay the entrance fee. Then we crossed the brazilian border followed by the argentinian one. I was so happy to get another stamp for my passport. The two states are divided by a bridge across a river.

    When we reached the park Sebastian explained us the trails that we should take and recommended us a boat tour as well. There were 3 trails, upper trail with the view for the falls from above, middle trail facing the falls and inferior trail. To reach the upper trail we took a short train ride. And then we walked around 2km on elevated plank walkway through jungle above the river to reach the Garganta del Diablo (Devil's throat). The name its really appropriate. It is probably the most impressive section of the falls, where 50% of the entire falls' flow run into a narrow section leaving you stunned at the absolute power of Mother Nature. We were directly above the whole action, it was so close that we got pretty soaked as well. The second trail was a more scenic one, so we just walked and enjoyed the beautiful views for the falls with the rainbow above it. And finally we decided for some adventure. We booked a tour called nautic adventure and went on a speed boat under the falls. For the next 10 minutes we were screaming our heads off as the driver sped in and out the falls, subjecting us to the pounding water. It was really intense but really unforgettable experience. And we got super soaked like from a big shower! Then the boat continued down the river and at one point we disembarked and got on safari jeep that took us through the jungle which was the end of the tour.

    Sebastian picked us up and we crossed the border again to the brazilian side where our hotel was. The Iguazu falls are among the new 7 wonders of nature and I can definitely understand why! :)

    CZ:
    Vodopády Iguazu představují největší systém vodopádů na Zemi. Nacházejí se na hranicích mezi Argentinou a Brazílií. Je zde asi 275 samostatných vodopádů, které se řítí v přepadu dlouhém okolo 3 km na šířku a do hloubky 80 m. Říká se, že po shlédnutí těchto vodopádů, kanadské vodopády Niagara jsou nic ve srovnání. Je těžké říct, která strana je lepší, jestli argentinská či brazilská, protože každá nabízí jiný zážitek.

    Začali jsme argentinskou stranou. Náš řidič Sebastian nás ráno vyzvedl v hotelu a vzal nás vyměnit argentinské pesa, protože vstup do parku není možné platit žádnou jinou měnou ani kreditní kartou. Poté jsme přejeli přes brazilské hranice, následované argentinskýma. Měla jsem obrovskou radost z dalšího razítka v pase. Hranice mezi Argentinou a Brazílií je rozdělena mostem přes řeku Iguacu.

    Když jsme dorazili do parku, tak nám Sebastian vysvětlil stezky po kterých máme jít a taky doporučil tour lodí. Celkem parkem vedly 3 stezky, horní s výhledem na vodopady zvrchu, prostřední
    Read more