Satellite
  • Day 9

    Brazilian Iguacu

    June 22, 2017 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    In the morning Sebastian picked us up at our hotel again and we headed to explore the waterfalls from the brazilian side. Once we entered the park, a bus took us to the main trailhead. There is just one trail, that is 1,2km long and follows the shore of the Iguacu river, providing many photo options and a grand overview of the falls along the way. It ends at the bottom of Garganta do Diablo (Devil's throat). So the day before at argentinian side we were at the top of this part of the falls, and today we could admire it from the bottom part as we walked on a manmade walkway that reaches out to the middle of the river. From there we really felt the force of rushing water, thats why we were wearing raincoats. On the way we could spot a lot of birds and coatis. They are really curious cute animals, looking for food all the time and not ashamed at all of checking your bag if there is some snack present.

    I can not really decide which side is more beautiful as both offer experience from different perspectives. The argentinian one is, lets say more adventurous as you are super close to the falls and feel their power while the brazilian one is more scenic with amazing viepoints. Also for Argentinian side you need one whole day and for brazilian one, a half day is enough. Definitely, if you have the chance going to Iguazu waterfalls, do not miss the opportunity of visiting both sides.

    We were done around midday, and Sebastian took us from the park directly to the aiport. He was a really great, knowledgeable guide and helped us a lot during our stay, I would definitely recommend him.

    We went back to Sao Paulo, and it was a last day in Brazil for Sasa's parents, so we went out for dinner and also for last caipirinhas to a really cool street full of food trucks. I think I have had the best strawberry caipirinha there.
    Read more